- finished my first painting today. the other 4 are in various stages of development and i am really hoping to have them finished before i leave. the series is called beauty and the butterfly. each painting has an endangered or vulnerable vulture (cape, egyptian, lappet-faced & white-headed vultures, and a california condor) admiring a monarch butterfly. i've started several drawing to go w/the series as well.
- the new residents arrived today. the visual studios and the depot (where i sleep) are full again. the newbies are fresh and excited. it was odd to sit next to them during dinner as they asked the same questions i had asked only 2 weeks ago. tomorrow they will wake early and as they set up their studios they'll delight in this amazing environment. for some reason i found their enthusiasm exhausting.
- after dinner i went back to the studio and worked for a couple of hrs. i'm beat and in need of a shower.
- productive day. finished a second painting. moved the stop painting date to the 27th which gives me 7 more days to work on the painting series.
- totally fed baby cows today!!! milly, tilly, lilly, and rusty (average age is one month) were abandoned by their mamas and have to be bottle fed twice a day. by the end of the feeding i was covered in baby cow slobber and loved it.
- finished the evening at buck's cabin: whiskey ping-pong, explored an abandoned building across the road, and watched a movie. looking forward to tomorrow.