Sunday, April 21, 2013

Ranch Ramblings: Day Seven


Things are going pretty smooth when you wake up and the only thing on your mind is a turtle shell.  

Turtle shell photo shoot - check.

Turtle shell painting Stage One - check.

On a morning walk, the subject of man's impact on nature presented itself.  Scattered by a creek near the cabins are a number of kitchen tiles from what I assume to be an old remodeling project.  It's always a bit jarring to come across something that belongs inside of a home while immersed in the middle of the great outdoors.




Nature began looking like structures.  
This leaf totally has windows.


By 1pm the ranch was quiet - 
just me and the buffalo.  
I painted some mountain laurel beans.


As I climbed into bed and turned on the reading 
light, I noticed a pretty awesome shadow.

Thistle.  Fuzz.

1 comment:

  1. I love the view out your window! How is it since Margie left? Too bad Kona couldn't have come with you!

    ReplyDelete