Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Ranch Ramblings: Day Nine


Today was laundry day so I headed to the main house after breakfast.  While I was waiting for my clothes to dry, I spent some time with the chickens cuz I wanted to be around healthy, alive birds for a change.

Totally.  Alive.

Then it was time to get my work on.

1. Document Thistle Bouquet 
Project #1's progress. 

Note to self:  bouquet is still awesome.

2. Put thistle fuzz in a jar.

Seemed like it needed to be done.

3.  Color scavenger hunt.  
Objective - find rad colors.

I feel in love with this sunburnt, 
insect-infested pomegranate.

Pomegranate, your colors are awe-inspiring.

4.  Honor a fallen soldier.


I have some sad news to share - Baby Bird Two didn't make it through the night.  This evening I gave Baby B's One and Two a proper burial.

R.I.P. Baby Bird Two

*I apologize for Ranch Rambling's anarchic use of font sizes, cutting and pasting works differently out here on the ranch.

No comments:

Post a Comment