Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Weir Farm: Day Thirteen


Lucky day #13, my last full day here at Weir Farm.  It's cold and wet but the rain held out long enough this morning to take one last walk through the woods.  The sweet girl above and I hung out for a bit.  She grazed, I stared, she stared, I took her photo…we kinda just shrugged our shoulders at each other like, "Hey."


This experience has truly been amazing-I feel full and like the other residencies I've done, I'll leave here changed in a unique way that I could have never planned.  What I take away from Weir Farm is a sense of quiet.  The plaque above the Weir Home entry says it best, "Here shall we rest and call content our home".

Here is the work I did during my stay...

Path Through Field, acrylic, 24.5"x51"
Weir Farm Guest Room, acrylic, 20.5"x50"
Livestock Pens, acrylic, 12"x18"
The Deer and the Little Girl Story, acrylic on cardboard, 9"x12"
Stones, acrylic on cardboard, 9"x12"
Sparrow on Stones, acrylic on cardboard, 9"x12"
8 Flavored Houses 1 Wall (above) 13 Flavored Houses 1 Wall (below), collage & acrylic on cardboard, 9"x12"
12 Wooden Houses, collage & acrylic on cardboard, 9"x12"
3 Wooden Houses 3 Tree Houses, collage & acrylic on cardboard, 9"x12"
5 Tree Houses, collage & acrylic on cardboard, 9"x12"

No comments:

Post a Comment