Thursday, November 28, 2013

Day Five - Prairie Center Rez


Captain's Log: Day 5 in the a.m.
The small patch of woods next to the house has been explored.  All of the trees are bare, the ground is inches thick in leaves so it has some bounce like if you were walking on a mattress.  Note: the leaf debris is hiding rocks and sticks so the chances of ankle-breaking are high - proceed with caution.

Moss on log - check.

Experiment #143:  piece of bark outdoors/piece of bark indoors - check.

Captain's Log: Day 5 in the afternoon
THANKSGIVING!!!!!  Today is Thanksgiving.  All of my housemates have bailed outta town for the holiday and the owners of Prairie Center invited me to their family feast.  It was delightful and delicious.  I felt completely welcomed and I'm so grateful to have been a part of their day.  Party over, now on to the studio...


Captain's Log: Day 5 in the p.m.
I have 10 days left to tear shit up in the studio-this is a motivating factor so let's do this.  Rug, fox, decorative border-check, check, and check.  I'll be back in the morning to do some more damage.  Over and out.

Side note:  In honor of Thanksgiving I would like to say that I am extremely grateful for this experience and I'm also extremely grateful for my lobster apron.  Amen. 



No comments:

Post a Comment