Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Onwards and Upwards

Semester One I put you on the top shelf of the closet. It's time to move forward my friend. Walking to campus a week ago I came across an inspiration. Behold...The Couch in the Forest.

Couch in the Forest

I caught the above view out of the corner of my eye. Yup, it's a couch in a forest that sits atop a hill close to my new digs. I find the combination of interior and exterior fascinating. This idea of placing something where it doesn't belong has been what I've spent the last few years exploring in my work (birds set inside domestic environments). I'm exited to research how I can incorporate this semester's work into this combo. Below are some collage experiments from my workbook to help me find my way. (The top two are altered Jane Puckey landscapes.)

Two panels per painting?

Extracting and replacing?

Substituting purpose?

No comments:

Post a Comment