Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Embarking on an Adventure of a Lifetime

From Wyoming with Love

Everyone is due for an extended stay away from their daily life. It has been well over 10 years since I have had a sabbatical. During that time my dear friend Christi opened her home to me. For two months I experienced California and was away from everything that I knew. It was an important time.

I have some amazing people in my life. I honestly believe that we are put on this planet to become the best people that we can be. Part of achieving this requires being around genuinely good people that sincerely support and care for you and what you do.

I really feel that the time I am about to spend in Wyoming is an adventure that I will carry with me for the rest of my life and for that I am grateful beyond words. What makes this trip so special is how I am able to accomplish it. A lot of luck and countless hours of hard work allowed for the opportunity. But the reality of making it happen falls on the shoulders of my wonderful friends and family.

One of the projects during my artist residency is to paint a 4”x6” watercolor postcard for everyone that made my trip to the Ucross Foundation possible. They will receive the postcard during the month of April. Upon my return, I will collect all of the postcards and bring them together for an exhibition titled From Wyoming with Love.

Thanks to all the peeps that helped me…you know who you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment