Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Minis, Yo.

Rufous Hummingbird

Little Auk

Eurasian Collared Dove

Emperor Penguin Chick

California Quail

Bridled Titmouse

Barn Owl

So in response to my transient ways, I've officially streamlined my studio so that it fits into a healthy-sized tote bag. We're talkin' wicked compact-style. I'm not saying that I don't dream to soon have a full-on proper working studio with every art gadget known to man (I will have you soon studio space!) but when you've been on the move and 97% of your supplies are strewn all over the planet you have to make due.

If I learned anything from the peeps of New Zealand, it is good ole Kiwi ingenuity. What kind of work does one make when your art gear barely fits into a breadbox? I introduce you to the series, Tini Tiny Might Mini! Above are wee little pastel, charcoal, and acrylic drawings...well kinda paintings...we'll say draintings done on gessoed roofing paper. The paper was provided by my bud, Rebecca and prepped in NZ. Before heading back to the States I cut them into 3"x5" rectangles. There are more to come and if you are in the market to decorate a doll house I'll be selling them on my etsy site...www.rowdystudios.etsy.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment