Thursday, June 23, 2011

New Ideas

Here is my newest painting in progress, which isn't too far from what I've been working on for the last few years. It took the roller coaster ride of research and experimentation to get me on track, which surprisingly took me back to my initial idea of exploring the meaning of home.

This semester has been an epic journey and the one and only way to allow me to expand on what I thought was an exhausted body of work. This is the first large scale painting I've worked on since I arrived. I'm in this weird, delicate stage of insecurity when making work at this point. I'm in between semesters and have 4 weeks left before beginning the 2nd semester. I want to get deep into this work, incorporating all that I have learned up to this point, before asking for feedback from my profs. They will inevitably knock the blocks from under my feet. I say...bring it.

Chair outside/Black Shag inside

Gap at Castlepoint

Add ImageChair at Ohakune Cabin

No comments:

Post a Comment