Saturday, January 16, 2010

No Work Means Studio Time!

I usually work on Saturdays but thanks to the holiday I had it off. What does this mean...studio time!!! My day started with covering the last of the Learning to Paint In Fives pieces with resin and then packing up Micronesian Kingfisher in Teacup to ship to Minneapolis for the BirdXBird exhibition and auction. Goodbye Kingfisher, make friends with the other artwork!

Next on the agenda, a Lappet-faced Vulture on another 8"x8" art panel covered in vintage wallpaer. Dude, totally ejoyed this one.

I began the idea of a flamingo painting last year. I built the canvas last weekend and started the foundation for the background today.

This guy is the inspiration for the painting.

To wrap up the evening I did a quick study of a 8"x10" Coscoroba Swan on butcherpaper.

I am super-jacked that I have off the next 3 days because I have lots of things that I need to get out of my brain and onto some paper!!

No comments:

Post a Comment