Wednesday, March 11, 2009

2 More to Add to the Flock

I have been saving this White Canary for the perfect project and I couldn't think of a better use for him than the xArt group's first project. This band of creative souls consists of myself and 4 fellow Phoenix Art Museum employees. Every month we make a piece of artwork using a common material.

The magnificent wallpaper that I used in the background is March's material. Sandra, the founder (and also the coolest librarian in town) of the xArt group, provided us each with a piece of this vintage treasure. I can't wait to see the others!


This little Red-breasted Flycatcher is a commissioned piece for my friend Bryan (who is also a proud member of the above club). I really enjoyed working on this painting. I've grown attached to this bird but I know he is going to a good home which always makes me feel better.


1 comment: