Friday, May 31, 2013

Passenger P's.

I took some reference photos today - subject in question...passenger pigeon.  As I snapped the camera I couldn't help but think of other passenger p pics I've taken.  I've come in contact with 3 specimens so far.  How many more will I meet in my lifetime?  I hope lots.  Like super lots.  Like passenger-pigeon-national-tour lots.

Facts:

  • At one point in time there were 3-5 billion (yeah...freakin' BILLION) passenger pigeons in North America.
  • We hunted them to extinction.  
  • The last passenger pigeon, named Martha, died in captivity in 1914.
  • Passenger pigeons are awesome.
  • Humans can be careless assholes.

 International Wildlife Museum, Tucson, AZ (2010)

Tulane University, New Orleans, LA (2012)

Fort Worth Museum of Science and History, F-town, TX (2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment