Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Western Influence.

So I officially know this info first hand:  watching 17 Western flicks within a 4 week period is going to influence your work and that is the entire point of my movie marathon.  Below are two examples.  You may recognize Robo Wagon from previous posts.  One thing I learned from this particular embroidery piece - coffee used to stain fabric will absorb into your hands and then move along to hijack your bloodstream, making your heart feel like you ingested oh...about 3 cups of truckstop coffee.  I remained very motivated during it's making.  Dino Cowboy Standoff had a much more calming process.  I'm kicking around the idea of a collage for a third work.

 Robo Wagon, embroidery on muslin, 8"x10", 2012
Dino Cowboy Standoff, pastel, 8"x10", 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment