Monday, February 28, 2011

Work on Adelaide Road


This is the first art I've made since I've been in NZ. Hell, it's the first work I've done in a month - my supplies have been packed for weeks. Still are. They're sitting in a big blue bin in the wood workshop of Massey. The University has a really great library. I found a fantastic book called The Dodo and Mauritus Island: Imaginary Encounters by Harri Kallio. It has some delightful images of dodo skeletons and such, very inspiring. I just happened to put a sketchbood, a few pencils, and one lone charcoal pencil in my luggage which I used on the above pieces. I also used eyeshadow on the top piece and coffee on the bottom one. Hey, gotta make due. Making due has played a major role in my life for the past two weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Are you sure it was coffee and not "coffee powder"? It would appear, actually it definitely is that you're doing extremely well with "making due". I can't wait to see what amazing creations you put togtether when you're 100% up and running! You're doing great babe!!

    Lou

    ReplyDelete
  2. More like makin' dodo...
    Carey

    ReplyDelete