Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Let's Do This.

I feel excited about being here for the first time since I arrived. The first 4 days were overwhelming and lonely despite being surrounded by absolute beauty. At the moment I'm sitting on the the front porch waiting for one of my profs to pick up myself and my art supplies and then off to school we go.

I thought the desert sun was warm but the sun here is quite intense. Pretty sure I got a sunburn just sipping coffee and writing this. I can see the beach of the bay from here and a herd of school children just exploded onto the sand like a group of penguins. For all I know it might have very well been a group of penguins.

On the agenda today...schooly paperwork for teacher's assistant gig, get a NZ bank account, hit up the grocery store, and roam....tourist-style. My venture back via bus will be interesting. I'll keep you posted and wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. You made it! :D Last I checked you were in transit. It looks absolutely stunning & as much as I love my area, I'm a bit envious! Love your pics, especially the views through the window, amazing how at quick glance they look like different views. Until the other day, I hadn't been on Blogger at all for months, but when I saw your shop closed I had to see what was up. Just wish I had known ahead of time so I could have bought something to help w/ your unloading. Anyway, congrats on the move & I hope your life in NZ is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete