Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Installation. Check.

So last Saturday I installed my show at Casa Grande Art Museum. The paintings and I hit the road for our hour long journey and we made it without incident. I dragged my loot inside, locked the door, and cranked up the tunes. It was nice to have the place to myself. After 4 hours my mission was complete. Installation. Check. In case you can't make it, below is most of the work...


The Facade of Dorian Gray and The Character of Dorian Gray...the ones that started it all. These 2 pieces were assignments while at ASU. Midway through the project I had a mountain of ideas and painting birds and wallpaper together became my obsession for the past 3 years.

It looks like Spotted Thick-knee in Icebucket and Magical Meat Carpet are not on speaking terms.

The Yellow Wallpaper - in yo face!

Thanksgiving. Gobble. Gobble.

Happy Hour. Cheers.

Bird Brain, Home Alone, and Waiting for the Train: Friday...keeping the print rack of sketches company. So sweet.

Here's the main dude, Bashful. He was chosen to be the frontman for the show. Be brave Bashful!!

Barcelona Chair and Hover are my latest larger scale babies.

A Night in 1982 is one work from my first solo show. (That little kid is yours truly).
These 8"x8" little numbers have been my latest projects. If you don't have the space, tone down the size.
Stay tuned for pics from the opening which is this Saturday, October 16th from 4pm-6pm!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks terrific Lay!! I will be there in spirit; sorry I can't make the 1,000 miles to get there. Good luck with the show!

    ReplyDelete