Monday, February 23, 2009

New Stuff

I've been a busy little studio bee. Here are a couple of new pieces that I just finished. Charlotte's Dove is a commissioned piece that I did for a 10th anniversary present-I felt no performance anxiety about that one! I hope they like it, there is always so much more pressure when your painting someone else's vision. Luckily for me, I had alot of freedom with this painting.
This painting, Delicate Bender, actually started out as a study for a larger piece, but I was having so much fun with it that it turned into its own thing. I've mentioned before that I love contradiction and I hope that is one thing this painting symbolizes. Does setting a mountain of beer cans in a more "proper" environment make this gluttonous consumption more "lady-like" or more acceptable?

No comments:

Post a Comment