Friday, August 15, 2014

Dining Table Landscape

Dining Table Landscape, oil, 48"x32", 2014

This is a re-work of a painting I did last year.  That painting was headed for the dumpster but then I thought, wait a second…I should just go apeshit on this thing - scatter some random things I find visually pleasing without over-analyzing why and if it totally sucks then it was headed to a landfill anyway.  And that's what I did and it turns out I don't want to throw it in the garbage anymore.  

Before (done in 2013) and After (completed Wednesday)

 Capercaillie, oil, 36"x24", 2014

The night after completing the Dining Table Landscape I thought, hey…I want to do that "re-working of an old painting that belongs in a trash heap" thing again.  And so I did.

Before (done in 2008) and After (completed last night)

No comments:

Post a Comment