Tuesday, December 14, 2010

All Aboard the Way-back Machine

Authenticity check....yep, it's the real deal.

My mom came across this old drawing I did when I was 11. Birds, really?! I’ve gotta think about a new subject… I totally remember doing this sketch at The Fort Worth Museum of Science & History’s Museum School.

I attended Experimental Art Classes at the Museum from age 10 until I was 18 and it was the most positive, wonderful experience of my childhood. I was a Museum School teacher’s assistant all throughout high school and later worked at the Museum’s Omni Theatre box office. I lived there! As a kid, when I wasn’t working or going to class there, I’d have my mom drop me off so I could spend time in the exhibits. Nerd alert!

The art classes were cancelled my senior year but Mr. Hailey, one of the art teachers, held the class in his private studio. Sadly, I don’t think the classes continued much longer. Mr. Hailey if you are out there, I’ve been trying to get in touch with you to say thank you for such a wonderful experience!!!

2 comments: