Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Birds of Prey Studies


3 days in the studio...I am mentally and physically drained of every creative morsel that I held captive in my brain. I've gotten some interesting and unexpected feedback from my current show. My paintings are my babies, my sketches are exercises to become a better draftsman. I truly enjoy sketching, but I don't put much thought into them and they are what people have seemed to enjoy the most from Aviary. They are also what people can afford. I feel this is an avenue that I need to explore. I bought 10 5x7" and 5 8x10" gold frames. I also really enjoyed experimenting with resin in my drawings and when the director of Phoenix Art Museum asks if you are going to continue to experiment you say absolutely and you mean it! So, having taken this all into consideration, I begin a new series: Birds of Prey Studies. The very top image is of a Secretary Bird and the one below is a Peregrine Falcon Chick. I used charcoal, pastel, graphite, gouache, watercolor, and acrylic on gessoed masonite. Once they are in the frames, I will cover them in resin. I am as excited as I am worn out. whew.

2 comments:

  1. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    ALERTA DE ESTAFA AUTOMOTRIZ EN EL TERITORIO MEXICANO.


    NO HAGAN NEGOCIOS CON EXPOAUTOS.COM.MX Y GLOBAL-BIT.COM en Morelia, Michoacan o culquier otra franquicia/sucursal de Omar Garcia Millan. expoautos.com.mx estafa!

    PARA MAS INFORMACION VISITEN:

    http://expoauto.blogspot.com/

    o este blog:

    http://pedromillan.blogspot.com/


    Gracias y lo que parece barrato te sale carrisimo!

    ReplyDelete